Friday, December 26, 2014

Happily Married

The news had spread like wild fire in the entire office. And in an office having a headcount of just 120-odd employees it had to.

"Yes, I'm getting married", she replied to the nth person confirming this from her in the day.

"Congratulations!", he said.

"Thank you!"

Wanting to get more details from her, he waited for a few seconds and when she didn't help to continue the conversation, he walked away smiling.

 What had even spread was the fact that though it was her first, it wasn't her going-to-Be's first.

She had never discussed her personal life with any of her colleagues except for that day.

Two months ago when both the families had agreed, she was so overwhelmed that the next day, the first thing she did was that she poured out all her emotions in front of a female colleague on the adjacent desk. She was good friends with her and she also knew that this female was a big-mouth, yet out of sheer excitement, she couldn't hold back the joy spilled all the beans.

She knew that everyone was so keen to know why she chose this person.

A week later, at the wedding reception, she read out a few words for her groom. Words which answered all the questions, yet none.

Hi Mak. I always wished to say a few words to you and there can't be an opportunity better than now. I know two months is a very short time, but then, as all know, love doesn't need time to happen. You're the one with whom I see my life blossoming in love. Your kids are only kids I'll never find irritating. Many of them were inquisitive about me and you, about how will we be able to make it, whether our marriage will sustain or not, but then for me life is all about following my heart. There will be times when we will have our share of arguments, not come to the same conclusion about the stupidest things on earth. Music, bookshelves, TV shows, movies, date venues and many more. It can be that I wont be able to bond with the kids that sooner, as you and some others expect, but I'm determined that one day, I will. I'm determined that I will be the wife you want, the mother you want your wife to be for your kids and the friend-in-their-spouse which every person desires to have. I'll make it for both of us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an opinion...